English B2–C1 Get Ready for IELTS - online course
This online course prepares you for the IELTS exam (bands 6.5-7, both Academic and General).
You will have the opportunity to practice all exam-style tasks (reading, listening, speaking, writing) and get feedback on your speaking and writing from the instructor. The workload is appr. 1.5hrs/week.
IELTS is a basic requirement for entry to most European universities where proficiency in English is required. Many government agencies and professional bodies also recognise IELTS. In Helsinki, you can take the IELTS exam at FinnBrit (finnbrit.fi).
Speaking and writing English on advanced or high level.
NOTE! If you are eligible for unemployment discount or Kaikukorttidiscount, please call and enroll to Omnia Adult Education Center (Espoon työväenopisto) tel. 020 692 444 Mon-Thu 12:30-15:30.
- B1 level in English.
- Age limit min. 16 years
The online learning platform Moodle is used in this course. We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer to participate in this online course, because it is possible that Moodle does not work properly on smart phones.
If you use Omnia’s Moodle for the first time, please create your Moodle username three days before the course starts at the latest.
- Go to: https://moodle.omnia.fi/login/index.php
- Click: ”I DO NOT HAVE AN OMNIA ACCOUNT”
- Click either ”Log in with your Google account” if you use a Gmail-address, or “Create new Moodle account using your email address” if you use another email address.
- Write down and save your username and password because you enter Moodle each time with the same username and password.
- Two days before the course starts you will receive the link to the course and the enrollment key by email.
In case of problems, please contact: email@example.com.
In case you enroll later than 2 September, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabine Vilponen, email@example.com